Helpful
Replies

SPA112 - problem with VLAN

kamil.schild
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

recently I bought few of SPA112 gateways, and I have two problems:

1. provisioning using xml file; device is not using new vlan setting (other settings such as dialplan, line number, user and passwd are working correctly), what I'm trying to apply is identical to setting used in other Sipura devices:

<!-- VLAN Settings -->

<Enable_VLAN ua="na">yes</Enable_VLAN>

<VLAN_ID ua="na">127</VLAN_ID>

Also tried with putting above setting in <router-configuration> but no luck.

2. it seems that after putting gateway from web service to use vlan, it still sits on access. This is what I see:

VID  VLAN Name                        MAC Address       Port Type 

---- -------------------------------- ----------------- ---- ---------------

127  vlan127                          88-75-56-05-98-FA 26   Dynamic

499  vlan499                          88-75-56-05-98-FA 26   Dynamic

port setting is vlan499 - untagged, vlan127 - tagged. I want it to use only vlan127. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

FW version:

1.2.1 (004) Jul 27 2012

3 Replies 3

ciscoamit_497
Level 1
Level 1

Kamil,

I din't understand ur requirement exactly, even i dont have any idea baout the device that u mentioned...u can use the native vlan 127 command on the trunk..if this is a switch and remove the vlan 499 if u want..

Tell me more if u can..

Thnx

Amit

*******Pls rate helpful posts*******

Sure I can remove untagged vlan499 from switch port, but that's not the point. Gateway mac address, after setting its interface to tagged vlan127 shouldn't appear on untagged vlan499, but it does. Sometimes you have to leave tagged and untagged vlan on port.

At the moment, bigger problem for me is this provisioning setting which doesn't appear to work...

kamil.schild
Level 1
Level 1

I managed to find how to set set vlan using xml, unfortunately it looks like this part of provisioning is broken on Cisco side.

Gateway created sample xml file in which part about vlans looks like this:

123   <- here is typo BTW

The part that is not working is , SPA doesn't respond to changes in this setting. is set correctly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: