Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPA112 will not register

I currently am using a SPA112 to connect an analog phone to a remote VoIP phone system, there are 2 modes in which this phone system will operate, normal mode and extension mode. Extension mode allows you to use a much greater amount of extension numbers which is why I am using it, but there lies my dilemma.

The user ID for the phone system changes depending on what mode your in, for example...

Normal mode - 15000

Extension mode - *15000

The asterisk in front of the user ID is what I have found to be causing the issue, the SPA will register and work flawlessly while the phone system is in normal mode, but as soon as I switch to extension mode the SPA will no longer even register, I have tried the user ID on the SPA setup with and without the asterisk. I was on version 1.2.1 then upgraded to 1.3.3 and still had no luck.

My guess is the SPA is simply ignoring the asterisk I put in-front of the user ID. Any help will be much appreciated.

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

When you mean extension mode?

When you mean extension mode? 

I have both the SPA 122 and Asterisk running at home.  I don't see the problems you are having.  I assign the asterisk a phone extension number.  

The extension mode as nothing

The extension mode as nothing to do with the SPA, its a function on the phone system. And I dont mean the asterisk pbx I mean the asterisk symbol *

VIP Gold

Catch the SIP packets from

Catch the SIP packets from the ATA to your phone system. The catched REGISTER packet will reveal us if requested user id is used, or '*' become swallowed. And the phone system response to such REGISTER packet may disclose the reason for failed registration ...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content