cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 Boot Version & Provisioning Issue?

George Spanos
Level 1
Level 1

I have tested and verified my provisioning server is sending my SPA122 all of the specific value's that I want implemented on my lab unit. When we deployed a unit into production, using the same provisioning server it's missing a bunch of specific XML that I need implemented.

The only difference that I can find between the 2 units is the "Boot Version" the date is different but the version number is the same....Why is the date different and would that have any affect on provisioning if there's a difference in the code?

Production

Boot Version:           1.0.1 (Oct  6 2011 - 20:04:00)

Lab

Boot Version:           1.0.1 (July 8 2011 - 15:33:57)

3 Replies 3

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi George,

The date will not affect what you're describing.

What specific XML is missing on your production unit?

Look carefully at the config file:

• A syntax error will cause the ATA to not receive XML parameters from the start of the error to the end of the file.
  • A syntactically correct XML file that contains an invalid parameter will cause only the invalid parameter to be ignored.
  • If your config file has general parameters, then router parameters, then some additional general parameters, then the additional general parameters will be ignored. All general parameters must be in one grouping.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick. I didn't expect the date itself to be the issue but   possibly if the Boot version was a different build than the one all of   my testing was done with that maybe it would explain my issue.

My provisioning server generates the voice config (does   nothing to router config). My issue is with the "router-config." I'm a   little confused as to why this works fine on my one unit and is missed   by the others (9 so far). (The configs are identical with the exception of the TNs   and SIP passwords). All running Fw v1.2.1-004.

The entire  is missed yet  it's not defined anywhere  in the beginning of the dynamically generated  provisioning server  config. My server requires I add my "custom" fields  at the end of the  config after the voice stuff. Custom means anything not voice related or  defined in the standard config.

Everything before is working (all voice info)

Within , the following things aren't picked up by the device:

admin user

admin pass

guest user

guest pass

DNS server order

snmp (everything)

time zone

time server

and everything after works.

Here's the XML I'm using.

testadmin

testpass

ciscotest

testpass

SPA122

0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

testget

testset

v2c

-06 2 1

manual

Yes

Yes

Thanks for your help.

Patrick,

Is there any debug I can enable that may explain why only some parameters aren't getting added during the re-sync? (I know my syntax is correct and actually we've proivsioned 15 units and none of them get the full config that my unit gets, a few got some more parameters than others.)