Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SPA122 Bridge mode Firmware update and config

Hi,

When I look at the firmware update portion of the Configuration tool the file chooser button is grayed  out and non functional, as is the configuration restore button -- also grayed out and non functional. I must also say that the SPA122 was purchased form my voip provider. They tell me though that the unit is unlocked and I can do whatever I want with it.

What I would like to do is customize the setup to include a few things, like NAT Keep Alive settings and a CPC Duration setting that will hold over a reboot. I need the NAT keep alive so the unit will get the incoming calls delivered to the phone and the CPC Duration settings need to be tweaked to work with my analogue phone answrering machine. I have all this working now only because I turned off provisioning and while my voip service does not mind they may want me to put back the provisioning  string one day to make a necessary change or two.

Is there a tool that I can use to edit and reload the config the way I want it after the service provider finishes with what they want -- firmware update or dial plan change et cetera....I saw the profile compilier but it appears to be a command line tool and while thats fine I do not know the file format required to use the compilier. Linux sees the saved SPA.CFG file as a VMS Alpha executable binary and strings SPA.CFG shows nothing intelligible.

Thanks for reading

voltz

• ATAs Gateways and Accessories
1 REPLY
VIP Gold

Wrong forum, ATA122 is SPA

1. Wrong forum, ATA122 is SPA ATA device, not SPA IP Phone
  2. Read SPA1xx Firmware Upgrade: No Browse Button and/or ATA Firmware Upgrade: Browse Button disabled [grayed-out / inactive] It seems to apply to your issue.
Views
Helpful
Replies