cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 losing registration

robbikay1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm on les.net and have tried the default settings with only the quick voice setup. And I have also tried les.net's recommended settings for sipura/linksys.

I have tried with a NATed cable internet connection, as well as a non-NATed DSL connection (with the SPA122 negotiating the PPPoE) with a true internet IP on the WAN port.

The result is always the same...

Upon first registration, it's good and stays registered for the initial period. Then when it's supposed to re-register... it fails and counts down for 1200 seconds, then repeats the failure cycle, and sometimes there might be a registered cycle in there somewhere if I'm lucky, etc...

4 Replies 4

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Robert Kralik,

What version of firmware is the SPA122 running? The latest firmware is 1.0.2_006. If the SPA122 is on the latest firmware did you factory default the device after performing the firmware upgrade? If not, you may want to try that.

If that still doesn't resolve your issue, you may want to open a case with the Small Business Support Center. The US/Canada contact number is: 1-866-606-1866. International contact numbers can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

-john

Hello John,

I set factory defaults after upgrading, no joy. I downgraded, set factory defaults again, tried each line, same problem.

Can someone with this unit and a LES.NET account duplicate this? If it's working for you, what settings are you using?

In the meantime I'll open a case with Support Center.

-Rob K.

robbikay1
Level 1
Level 1

I wasn't able to eliminate the problem so I minimized it virtually out of existence. Setting Reg Retry Long Intvl to 1 makes the reg fail period so short no one notices.

- Rob K.

More info re: registration problems at...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2135323

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: