cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 - no Caller ID on incoming calls

robbikay1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting up a new SPA122. The first thing I did was update the firmware and configure line 1 with my sip info. Calls are working however Caller ID is not showing on incoming calls.  Is there a setting in the voice menu to get Caller ID to come through?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jimkeagy
Level 1
Level 1

This is a known issue in the current firmware for these devices. Cisco is working on a fix.

Here's a link to a thread discussing the same issue on the SPA112:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3526597#3526597

The SPA112 and SPA122 share the same firmware, so therefore they have most of the same bugs. The SPA122 adds a built-in router.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jimkeagy
Level 1
Level 1

This is a known issue in the current firmware for these devices. Cisco is working on a fix.

Here's a link to a thread discussing the same issue on the SPA112:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3526597#3526597

The SPA112 and SPA122 share the same firmware, so therefore they have most of the same bugs. The SPA122 adds a built-in router.

I can confirm that the latest beta firmware has fixed the Caller ID problem.

Robert!

which beta firmaware release you used to fix the caller ID problem? 1.1.0(011) or the 1.0.2.006?

do you encounter any further caller ID problem after you updated to this release?

thanks

The Caller ID problem was fixed in Beta 1.1.0(008).

Release 1.1.0(011) contains the fix, 1.0.2(006) does not.

Rob K.

Hi guys 

This is a very old thread and it seems most users was helped vi firmware update. Well I I am a dinosaur still using spa122 and probably nobody uses this thread anymore but I have no other options. 

I had a very old firmware and Panasonic handheld phones connected. The caller ID was working fine but the phone stopped working so I purchased new Gigaset handheld phones. The caller ID stopped working and now it only say "External" on incoming calls. 

I  updated my box to the latest firmware but the problem is still there. I guess this should be a Gigaset problem then but I don't find anything when searching for the issue, so just in case someone had the same problem and found a solution?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: