Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 - No Internet access from LAN side but FXS still works

braymond1963
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I`ve had several occurences where computers (andéor routers) hooked on the LAN side of the SPA122 are unable to access the Internet after some time. The FXS lines continue to operate normally so phone service is not impacted.

On one occasion, the ATA was directly connected to a cable modem and a Cisco WRVS4400N was connected to the LAN port of the ATA. The WAN side of the Cisco Router no longer had an IP which makes me to believe there is an issue with DNS in the ATA.

I am running firmware 1.3.1 and had the condition on two occasions with this setup

I turned on debug and noticed this in my syslog server:

Jul 21 18:44:37 ATA01 mDNSResponder: ERROR: getOptRdata - unknown opt 4

I wonder if this would give someone a clue as to what happens.

Thanks,

Benoit

1 Reply 1

Prithvi Manduva
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Benoit,

ERROR: getOptRdata - unknown opt 4 is for DNS there would be so many messages shown when you see syslog server. It is sent to a server , before sleeping, to ask a sleep proxy for a wake-on-lan if an important packet is sent to the sleeping server. The error shouldn't be a problem in your case to my knowledge.

There is a latest firmware release 1.3.2 try and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Please mark and rate answered for helpful posts.

Thanks, Prithvi Please mark answered and rate for helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: