Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SPA122 not generating any log

Hi, i'm a VoIP provider planning to migrate to SPA122 (FW1.3.1) for my residential customers. Everythying works perfectly so far (mass provisioning, feature interop, etc) but for some reason i'm not getting any logs from all the SPA122 i've tested. I'm sending logs to my already existing and working global syslog server. I'm also trying local and mail just to make sure logs are generated.

Log module: Logging is enabled in log module on local | email and syslog server for both kernel and system | level debug

Log setting: size@200 | syslog IP set to local (routed) IP, not same subnet but it responds to ping | port 514 | email settings all OK | number og log 200 | interval 3 minutes

Voice/System: sylog and debug server set to my syslog server IP | debug level 3 (tried all 6)

Voice/Line 1: sip debug option at full

No log on my syslog server

No log received by email

No log in  administration/logviewer/download log (all)

Is there an option i missed? Know issue? All other settings beside voip are pretty plain, beside LAN/WAN acces is only allowed on HTTPS.

Provisionned through XML and manualy through GUI (both tested)

Thanks' for the help

Vince Yelle

VoIP Administrator

Xittel Telecommunications Inc.

Model:SPA122, LAN, 2 FXS
Hardware Version:1.0.0
Boot Version:1.0.1 (Oct  6 2011 - 20:04:00)
Firmware Version:1.3.2 (014) May  9 2013
Recovery Firmware:1.0.2 (001)
WAN MAC Address:AC:F2:C5:37:69:D4
Host Name:Telecommunications Xittel ATA
Domain Name:(none)
Serial Number:CCQ16470IAW
Current Time:Thu, 26 Sep 2013 07:56:00
3 REPLIES

SPA122 not generating any log

Vince

Did you get an answer. I have the same problem. What is the solution?

Marcel

Re: SPA122 not generating any log

Hi Marcel,

Unfortunately i got no answer. I had to leave this problem aside for now, but i'm thinking it might come from my switch manufacturer (Metaswitch) base config file provided for SPA122 ATA's. I'll let you know if i find something.

Vince

This could be the

This could be the provisioning file from your metaswitch / provider.  Those files are firmware version dependant, so if you have a config file setup for 1.0.x firmware and load it on a 1.3.x  device, strange behavior can happen.

I would suggest factory reset the device, configure just logging, and  proxy/username/password

To enable logging on the spa go to
Voice --> system  
add the IP address of your log server in the
  debug and
  syslog,
  set debug level =3
Go into the extension  --> sip settings  -->
  sip debug option  to 'full'

if that works, you can update your config files on the provisionin server by exporting the xml from the SPA (  http://ip/admin/config.xml )  or use the SPC tool to create a factory default config.

spc tool is downloaded from the firmware download site, and is specific to firmware versions,

spc tool use is detailed in the provisioning guide here https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/37081/cisco-ip-telephony-devices-provisioning-guide

btw, your device is under warranty, so you can go onto the cisco site, hover over support --> open a case, then call into 866-606-1866, we can assist you.

Dan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content