Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPA122 Randomly Changes IP Address

SPA122 Randomly changed IP address.

Connected to the internet thru router and Modem via the blue ehternet jack.

When first installed - IP address was 192.168.1.116 - was supposed to be 115 according to the manual. After a few days, it changed itself to 192.168.1.112.

That stayed for a while - now it vhanged again to 192.168.1.111

Why is this happening???

Update - it did it again this morning - now went to 192.168.1.110

Am beginning to think that Cisco gear is junk...

Linksys was way better until Cisco bought them and screwed them up also....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hi I think your issue is that

hi

I think your issue is that the wan IP address is set for dhcp, and your router may be giving out another IP address.

You can go into the router --> wan settings and give the wan port a static IP address. That will keep it from changing when dhcp renews.

If this does not resolve the issue, please call in 866-606-1866 or go to the cisco site, click support -> open a case.  We'll be glad to help you.

Dan

4 REPLIES

hi I think your issue is that

hi

I think your issue is that the wan IP address is set for dhcp, and your router may be giving out another IP address.

You can go into the router --> wan settings and give the wan port a static IP address. That will keep it from changing when dhcp renews.

If this does not resolve the issue, please call in 866-606-1866 or go to the cisco site, click support -> open a case.  We'll be glad to help you.

Dan

Dan,You are absolutely

Dan,

You are absolutely correct!!

I had done that at the suggestion of a friend about 3 days ago, and since then all has been good..

Thank you for the offer of help, but I think all will be Ok now.

Jack

no problem, remember you have

no problem, remember you have a year of free tech support if you need a hand.  3 years if you buy a contract.

Dan

Ok, Thanks Dan...

Ok, Thanks Dan...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content