Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122: Unable to configure proxy or USER id/password on line

LucD
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've tried to configure without success a SPA 122 in order to convert VOIP to PSTN for a fax first.

I've found several tutorials and followed every steps but it didn't work.

I've realized that when i was filling the quick setup page and then submitting it the fields were elmpty once the refresh done.

So, I've tried through Voice>Line1 to configure the SIP parameters but the fields Proxy, User ID and password have no text box and so can not be completed.

Please can you help me that?

Many Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So bad new for you. The unit in question is not retail unit. It's customized OEM version - this unit has been manufactured for a VoIP operator and customized according it's requirements.Those units are not suitable for general use. Only provider the unit has been customized for can change it's configuration.

You can't configure RC units for other provider. And there's no way to de-customize it.

If you ordered SPA122 but received SPA122-RC instead, return unit to seller.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It sounds like issues reported long time ago for ancient firmware versions. So, what's the firmware version you are running on the SPA122 in question ? Unless latest, upgrade and try again.

According FAX:

1. use T.38 protocol if available (ask your provider for list of supported codecs)

2. if T.38 is not available, use either uLaw (if connected to provider in USA or Japan) or aLaw (otherwise); RTP Packet Size 10; fax machine shall be configured not to use speeds over 9600Bd for both sending and receiving; IP connectivity between you and VoIP provider needs to have high reliability, not so high latency,  low jitter; VoIP provider itself needs to have high quality upstream connectivity as well

Thanks.

Once i saw that issue, i upgraded the firmware to the latest which didn't solve the issue.

I owned also a SPA112 and I was able to make it work with the 112 (as with this unit we were able to set the proxy, User DI and password for the SIP on Line1).

So, you have two units - SPA112 and SPA122. Both have same firmware version, you are trying to configure them using same PC, same browser. While SPA112 works, you are unable to configure proxy, User DI and password on SPA122 just because there are no editable box for it.

I'm correct ?

If yes ...

... there's label on bottom of the device. What PID-VID is printed on it ? 283px-Cisco_spa122_back.jpg

What's the value of 'Customization:' option on Information page ?

You're correct indeed.

The PID-VID is SPA122-RC V06.

In information page in fact the customization value is "pending".

So bad new for you. The unit in question is not retail unit. It's customized OEM version - this unit has been manufactured for a VoIP operator and customized according it's requirements.Those units are not suitable for general use. Only provider the unit has been customized for can change it's configuration.

You can't configure RC units for other provider. And there's no way to de-customize it.

If you ordered SPA122 but received SPA122-RC instead, return unit to seller.

Thanks for your time and your help.