Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPA122 VOIP Outgoing Call issues _in coming all o.k??

SPA122 VOIP Outgoing Call issues - I have this unit configured all o.k according to my ISP and I receive incoming calls without issues.

I have specified the correct codec for the system but cannot make an external call.

I get a dial tone, call the number an immediately get a busy signal. There is a time lag between getting a busy signal as if the

receipt of the dialled number is not compatible, hence making sure the codec is correct.

Yes I have even tried different handsets at my end to eliminate this issue.

Yes I am running the latest Firmware and the unit is in front of any Hardware Firewalls

Bandwidth is of no issue and I'm a Data Security teck and reasonably switched on

Scott

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What is needed is a trace of

What is needed is a trace of the SIP communication, like a tcpdump on port 5060. The Phone company should be able to provide this, and exactly tell You what is wrong.

BTW are you behind a router with SIP-ALG, that may also fail. Again the SIP trace may tell this.

4 REPLIES

Contact You phone company and

Contact You phone company and ask them why.

I contacted my phone company

I contacted my phone company at the first sign of problems and as I was receiving incoming calls without issue, and the class of service for my number was verified to be correct; here I am.

I have verified the codec with my phone company to be correct and have even tried different codec's within the unit.

Any help would be most welcome for this issue bar purchasing a new VOIP Modem. I'm an I.T teck with a Degree in Comp Science by trade so I'm not a novice here. :-)

What is needed is a trace of

What is needed is a trace of the SIP communication, like a tcpdump on port 5060. The Phone company should be able to provide this, and exactly tell You what is wrong.

BTW are you behind a router with SIP-ALG, that may also fail. Again the SIP trace may tell this.

The VOIP is infront of all

The VOIP is infront of all hardware firewalls and I can trace 5060 with Wireshark Protocol Analyser as well...thanks.

IINET is NOT very easy to deal with since TPG (Telstra) took over

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content