Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA2100 recovery

sajjadharoon
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I have problem with my SPA2100 v 3.3.7, just started yesterday.

My Spa2100 was working fine upto yesterday, but today it is not getting IP.

I can connect throug IVR and have done the factory reset, after check ip it is coming as 0.0.0.0

LED for the WAN(blue port) is not comming on.

Trired to connect to web ui failed, not able to connect or get ethernet ip for PC  from spa2100.

Tried the recovery tool, it say device not find, as can not get IP from the device.

May be I am using recvory tool not properly, if any one can help.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you check another device (e.g. your PC) connected directly to the internet to see if you receive an IP address?

If you are able to get the IVR, it does not look like a device problem but a network one...

Regards
Alberto

Did you check another device (e.g. your PC) connected directly to the internet to see if you receive an IP address?

if you mean on the router port where i am conneceted cable the  comming from the BLUE(Internet port of spa2100), then yes i have check all port on the router and also test all cable, using laptop to get ip from router on each port.

If you are able to get the IVR, it does not look like a device problem but a network one...

Yes, this is confusing as IVR work, i even tried setting up static WAN IP on the spa2100, but still it does not comunicate, and LED (orange) on the SPA2100 Internet port does NOT come on, as looks that the cable is not even connected. Compare to, atleast on LAN port LED turn on ORANGE when cable is connected. But LAN port does not give IP to PC if connected directly, therefore not able to even go on the WebUI. I have tried you setup static ip on the PC matching the LAN ip of the SPA2100 (same subnet), LED comes on both sided but WEBUI still not work.

I think the Firmware is corrpted, but not sure how to flash without connecting to PC.

Thanks

To eliminate the possible network problem, factory reset your 2100 by dialing the ivr and entering 73738# and 1 to confirm. Then get back into your ivr and dial 7932#, 1#, and 1 to confirm. This will enable web interface management on your SPA2100. Then attach it to your router. Check your router's dhcp client's table for the mac address of the SPA2100, or dial the ivr and enter 110#, and get the IP of the WAN interface. Put that address in your browser, and you should be able to manage it then. If that doesn't work, it may be a hardware issue. Your LEDs should be green when cables are attached. The power will be flashing until an ip address is aquired, and the phone LED will be solid when a phone is attached and Line1 is registered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: