cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA2102 line 1 picks up both line 1 and line 2

spauser_jd
Level 1
Level 1

I have an SPA2102-R which is from the broke SunRocket.  Fortunetly I was able to unlock the device.

I am able to register with both SipGate One (on line 1) and Gizmo5 (on line 2).  Line 1 has SIP port 5061 and Line 2 has SIP port 5060. Line 2 behave normally (I can receive from and make calls to other Gizmo5 users).  When I disable Line 2, Line 1 behave normally (can receive and making phone calls).  When both Line 1 and Line 2 are enabled, Line 2 still behave normally but Line 1 is funny:

(I only plug in a regular phone in line 1, line 2 has nothing plug in)

A. When I call either line 1 or line 2 from other phone, line 1 will ring, and
B. No matter which line I try to call from other phone, line 1 rings, and when I anser line 1 (pick up the phone plugged in line 1), I hear both the other side and a dial tone (from the line I am not calling, I assume).

Even if I disable line 1, line 1 still works as if it were line 2.

Can anyone help me?  Thanks.

XW

7 Replies 7

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi XW,

Consider posting the device's config so the community can take a look to see if anything obvious is  incorrectly configured.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Hi Patrick,

Thanks in advance.  Attached are the pictures of configuration:

pic1 and pic1a : Line 1 tab

pic2 and pic2a : Line 2 tab

pic3: SIP tab

I did not touch anything else.  My SPA2102 is directly plugged into cable modem so I believe there isn't any portforwarding issue.

Thanks!

XW

Hi XW,

Please save your config and then post as follows:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-5405

Makes it much easier to read. :-)

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Sorry, I am not able to download slogsrv.exe (Forbidden File or Application).

XW

Hi Patrick,

I've got "Kiwi Syslog Server" to work and it is recording all the message from the SPA2102-r.  See attached.

Thanks!

XW

P.S.  This time, I've put both my PC and the SPA2102-r behind a router TrendNet TEW-452BRP.  I do get a dial tone when I pick up the phone, either line 1 (SIPGATE) or line 2 (GIZMO5 SIPPHONE.COM).  I can dial out through line 2 to other Gizmo acount and make conversations.  Somehow I can not receive calls, may be because of the router (I did not do any ports forwarding).  Calls from outside directly goes to voice mail.

I've figured out why.

"Line1 / Line2 => Phone Port Line 1" is afeature of SPA2102.

I have a 2 line phone and a 4 wire phone cord so it will pick up both Line1 and Line2 if connected to SPA2102's phone port line 1.  If I use a 2 wire phone cord and a one line phone, those 2 will not mix.

A 2 line analog phone matches perfectly with SPA2102.  With one 4 wire cord, the phone will ring when either line 1 or line 2 receive a call, and you got to select which line you want to pick up.

Thanks for spending time on the issue!

XW

Hi XW,

Great troubleshooting. Thanks for sharing the solution with the community.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: