cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA2102 Line 1 "Not Registered"

kegagnon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SPA2102 is running firmware 5.2.5. Line 2 works fine. If I set up line 2 incorrectly, I get "failed" as expected. Line 1 is another story. No matter how I set up line 1, the status remains "Not Registered". It would seem that the line is not enabled even though the SPA acknowledges it as enabled in the GUI.

The syslogs show line 2 authenticating just fine. The only thing in the syslogs for line one is "sip skt[0]= INVALID".

I have tried resetting the SPA back to the factory defaults with no luck.

I also tried downgrading the firmware from 5.2.5 to 5.2.3 but the SPA does not take the downgrade. And yes, I have the firmware revision on the provisioning page set to 5.2.0.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi kegagnon,

Could line 1 fail to register because it's trying to register when line 2 has already grabbed the registration?

Another thought, could the browser's cache be causing confusion?

Please share:

1. the config from when line 2 is configured and registered
  2. the config from when line 1 is configured and not registered

Capturing config: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-5101

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Patrick,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Let me start by replying to your suppositions:

Query: Could line 1 fail to register because it's trying to register when line 2 has already grabbed the registration?

Response: I don't believe so but I have attached the configs so you can be the judge.

Query: Another thought, could the browser's cache be causing confusion?

Response: I don't think so. There are 4 LED's on the SPA. The second one from the right is off.

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards, Kevin

Kevin,

Looking at your config, I see that this is a customized SPA2102.

Voice tab > Info tab > Product Information > Customization: Sunrocket

Line 1 is essentially hard-coded to work with Sunrocket, regardless of what changes you make on the Line 1 tab.

Now that Sunrocket is out of the picture, what you have is a SPA2102 with only Line 2 being configurable.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Patrick,

Yes, the Sunrocket customization is causing all the difficulty.

Deleting all entries from Voice >> System >> System Configuration >> Restricted Access Domains caused everything to start working. Line 1 registered and the firmware updated using tftp.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Best Regards, Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: