Cisco Support Community
Community Member

SPA2102 lost admin access!

I bought a SPA-2102 from a local computer store and started to set it up. At first, I have admin acess but I don't know what I did at some point and I no longer have Admin access anymore. I tried factory reset and user setting reset but still could not get it back. Is there any other procedure that I can use to completely reset the box?

Everyone's tags (3)
Community Member

Hello Yi Chen,

Are you being asked for a username and password? Some devices are provisioned by service providers and will download a special config file. These devices have -R in the product name.

You can try to factory reset the device by plugging an anolog telephone into the Line 1 port and entering ****

When you are prompted for a configuration option, enter 73738 and then 1 to confirm.

Let us know how it goes.

Community Member

Hi, David

Thanks for responding.

The device is a SPA-2102NA that I bought from a local computer store. It should not be locked to a provider. I did try a factory reset and that did not do anything.

I also noticed that the power LED is flashing amber and talked to Cisco support. The support person ended up recommending sending the unit back so that's what I did. This is a weird problem indeed... Too bad we can't get to the bottom of it...

Thanks again for your help!

CreatePlease to create content