Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SPA2102 recovery

Hi there,

My SPA-2102 power light is blinking as follows:

long RED

3 x short GREENs. (when the power light blinks green the first time the ethernet light flashes twice in quick succession)

I  cannot access the IVR and when it is connected to the internet and my  PC is connected to it through the ethernet port it does not acquire an  IP address. Seems the SPA is in a reboot loop, as the ethernet keeps connecting/disconnecting.

I tried to recover it via the rec-spa2 software with no luck.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Igor

2 REPLIES

SPA2102 recovery

The device seems not be fully dead, when I set a static ip on my desktop I can ping it sometime at 192.168.0.1 and I can even open the web UI. Although I can't change anything as it seems it's rebooting constantly:

Current Time:1/1/2003 12:00:00Elapsed Time:00:00:00

I am trying to disable the SIP lines and put shorter time for the firmware upgrade but with no avail so far.

I've used rec-spa2102-5-2-12 to try to recover/upgrade it and that didn't work either. Recovery fails immediately with "Cannot find specified device!". Trying an Upgrade to 192.168.0.1 sometimes it manages to see the SPA and it shows it's MAC/SN and firware /software version, but it's stalling at the stage where it's waiting for the SPA to ask for the new firmware.

SPA2102 recovery

My suggestion is check the warranty and open an RMA.

Regards.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content