Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SPA232D - Closes Communication when *# are pressed

Hello,

Here is the situation: I got a analogue intercom system. The intercom needs to be hooked to the VOIP environnement. I cannot use an ATA as the Intercom system is the one sending the tone.

I bought a SPA 3102 and use the FXO port to connect the intercom. And configure it as a bridge between VOIP and PSTN.

When I call the intercom from a IP Phone the SPA sends the call to the PSTN and the intercom sends its own tone. At this moment, the connection is established with the intercom and i can enter the codes to call into the differents rooms. 

To make a broadcast call to the intercom i need to use *# and it will connect to all intercom stations. I can also use X*# or XX*# to send at a group of intercom. (Exemple 15*# will send to every stations starting with 15.) 

To call a specific station you have to call XX# or XXX# (without the star sign) 

Everything works fine with the SPA 3102. 

With the SPA232D (Replacement of SPA3102) as soon as i use *  fallowed by # the call is disconnected. So single station calls work but broadcasts using the * don't. 

Both SPA model uses default Dial Plans and both are using the same configurations other than Added fonctionnalities in the SPA232D.

Which difference between the two models makes the *# disconnect the call on a SPA232D and not on the SPA3102?

For testing purpose I connected a SPA232D behind an ATA186 so i can simulate an intercom that provides the tone.

Finally SPA232D are in end of life. Do you guys know a product i could use to replace it in the future (1FXO + 1FXS + VOIP)

Thanks for your time!

3 REPLIES

Bump for no views

Bump for no views

Hi,

Hi,

Please go to phone admin login and select advance.

Select the ext (ex - Ext1). then go to dial plan settings. You can find "Dial Plan: " and please create the dial plan as you wish. For more info please refer this link

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=9efe7780de13421aa7b27a920acfc74e_Dial_Plan_for_Extensions_in_Advanced_Mode_on_SPA9X2_Series_I.xml&pid=2&respid=0&snid=8&dispid=0&cpage=search

Regards,

Rajitha

I did try all the different

I did try all the different Dial plan i could think of.

XX*#

XX*#X (Still cuts after *#)

XXX*#

XXXXX

XX.

Nothing seems to work. I got the exact same dial plan as a SPA3102.

Works great on a SPA3102 but disconnects the call on a SPA232D

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content