Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SPA232D Kit Configuration

Hi Support Community,

I have a few questions in regards to my new SPA232D Kit that I purchased that came with the Cisco SPA302D phone as well.

I was able to configure the device to receive incoming calls and make outbound calls via ONLY my PSTN.

My questions are as follows;

1) I want to only use my PSTN for incoming and outgoing calls, how do I make sure it remains that way?

2) When a call is incoming to the SPA232D there is a slight delay for when the phone (SPA302D) would start ringing, is that normal?

3) How do i configure caller id to be enabled, for example, when someone calls from the outside into this system all i get is "PSTN User" but how do i get it to show the actual person that is called? Either their number or the caller display they have that is published by their provider?

4) My PSTN advertises my phone number with a caller display of G CASELLA, when i call outbound will this still be seen by others?

5) How do i go abouts setting up voice mail so that If i miss a call someone can just leave me a message?

Some of the documentation on this device is a little stale and not very straight forward when it comes to things like this. I do not have a VOIP provider, i just want to strictly use my PSTN for this.

Would anyone mind shedding some light on this? I was stuck with it for a while yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

Everyone's tags (2)
4 REPLIES
VIP Gold

1) I want to only use my PSTN for incoming and outgoing calls, how do I make sure it remains that way?

May be I didn't understood your question correctly, but ... just don't configure other incomming/outgoing paths (like SIP). Then calls can't pass trought it.

2) When a call is incoming to the SPA232D there is a slight delay for when the phone (SPA302D) would start ringing, is that normal?

What event you are considering to be "call is comming" for the purpose of the question above ? The ringback tone on caller's side may not be reliable signal that call arrived on the called terminal sometime. Even if you are sure the call arrived to SPA232D, the answer depend on meaning of "slight delay". Read for one possible explanation of a ringer delay. It may or may not apply to you as well.

3) How do i configure caller id to be enabled, for example, when someone calls from the outside into this system all i get is "PSTN User" but how do i get it to show the actual person that is called? Either their number or the caller display they have that is published by their provider?

So many possible reasons. At the first, you must verify that CID arrive from PSTN and si properly recognized by ATA. Enable syslog and debug, read the catched messages for the analysis of the problem.

Using Wireshark to Capture Network Traffic

Debug and syslog Messages from the SPA3xx, SPA5xxG, SPA9xx, & WIP310 IP Phones

4) My PSTN advertises my phone number with a caller display of G CASELLA, when i call outbound will this still be seen by others? 

Better to try by self than ask others, isn't it ?

5) How do i go abouts setting up voice mail so that If i miss a call someone can just leave me a message?

Voice mail is not not service of phone itself. It's service of your operator (even on PSTN). So ask them for parameters. If you operator has no VoiceMail, then you are out of luck.

thanks for the additional information.

I pretty much got the set-up i wanted. However i do have one more question that i'm stuck with. The following list is what i set up;

-  3CX Free Version PBX

-  SPA232D allowing incomming and outgoing PSTN calls

-  PSTN Gateway configured on 3CX to point to my SPA232D

-  3CX PBX strictly for internal calling and Voicemail services.

My main question that has been stressing me out is if I receive a call via the PSTN (i.e. my cell phone) my DECT 1 cordless phone will continue to ring over and over and over, even if i hit ignore it will continue to ring on my cell phone and not forward to my voice mail service on my 3CX PBX system.

Also enabling PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup will just have my ATA answer the call if there is no answer and i just receive a dial tone.

Any suggestions, thoughts?

Much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello,I have a SPA 232D and

Hello,

I have a SPA 232D and have been trying to get it to work with my PBX 3CX. I am able to get the SPA to register to 3CX, but it does not forward the calls from PSTN to Voip. Does anyone have any suggestions on what all the settings should be to have the SPA 232 send incoming calls to the 3CX system?

VIP Gold

Start new thread for new

Start new thread for new issue, please.

I assume you configured PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup options group. You should describe the settings you used.

In advance, you should turn on syslog & debug and catch the messages. It may turn further analysis of the issue to be easy task.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content