Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SPA232D/SPA302D issues

I have a few issues with the wireless SIP handsets that we've deployed.  Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.  Thanks!

1. Handset goes to a busy signal when sending the phone number to dial.  If you try dialing the same number after this is encountered the call goes threw fine.  Just for some reason it occasionally goes to a busy signal when you first dial.  From looking at server logs it doesn't look like the Handset makes it as far as trying to dial the number at the server.  Any ideas?

2. SPA302D handset occasionally goes to sleep and will not come back on until it is placed in the charging cradle.  At which point it pops back on and acts like nothing was ever the matter.  Any ideas why sometimes you can't get it respond until it's placed on the charging cradle?   Battery is fine by any metric. 

Thanks!  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  All SPA232D/SPA302D are upgraded to the latest firmware version.

• ATAs Gateways and Accessories
Everyone's tags (2)
4 REPLIES
VIP Gold

SPA232D/SPA302D issues

1. Handset goes to a busy signal when sending the phone number to dial

Catch device'ssyslog/ debug messages, catch SIP packets. I never seen the behavior you described.

Debug and syslog Messages from the SPA3xx, SPA5xxG, SPA9xx, & WIP310 IP Phones

Installing and Using Wireshark for Capturing Network Traffic

All SPA232D/SPA302D are upgraded to the latest firmware version.

You should disclose the exact version (base station version as well as handset version). Not just refer to "latest". At the first, "latest" is target moving in time. At the second, there are some issues with the firmware upgrade, so you may not have latest firmware even you wish you upgraded to it. For the same reason - read firmware version of handsed from the handset, not from the base station.

SPA232D/SPA302D issues

base stations are running :

Current firmware version: 1.3.3 (015_262)

Handset version: 2.62

VIP Gold

SPA232D/SPA302D issues

Ok, you are true, handsed firmware is in symc with base station firmware. I can't help you with [2], we consider the SPA302D is not ready for deployment yet, so I have one piece of test device in my test lab and I never experienced sleeping handset. I suspect there will be nothing logged by base station in such case, so there is little chance to analyze the issue. According [1], syslog&debug log and/or SIP packets may contain valuable informations related to case, so catch them.

Ok, after a great deal of

Ok, after a great deal of traffic sniffing, logs, and endless testing we believe the problem is firmware related.   So, guess we're just waiting on firmware fixes if they ever arrive.  End results of our testing copied below: 

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.