Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPA3102 and phone via PSTN

I use Linksys SPA-3102 extensively in various setups, and it mostly works fine. But now I need to do some testing, and I am trying to complete a local setup with a Panasonic EASA-PHONE 308 telephone switchboard. The setup is the minimum, i just connected one phone to the Linksys, Linksys to the Panasonic, and a PC to Linksys so I can set it up. There is no need for Internet connection at this time, since I am not trying to use VoIP just yet.

This is my current setup:

The problem is: I can make a call from the phone to the Linksys, but I can't make a call from the Linksys to the phone. I also tried Panasonic with two phones only, without Linksys, and it works in both directions.

What could be the problem, and how to diagnose?

I have tried so far:

• Setting the dial plans for both Line 1 and PSTN Line tab to (xx.<:gw0>) - to make the calls go trough FXO.
  • Checking the Dial Tones, but they seem to be default and it works on regular PSTN line, and they are only Linksys indications afaik, not the ones that Linksys will use to operate on. I could be wrong.
  • Turning on the PSTN fallback, and assigning the default fallback Dial Plan.

Nothing seems to work as of yet.

Here are the screenshots of the Linksys configuration:

Thanks for any help!

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
VIP Gold

"I can't make a call from the

"I can't make a call from the Linksys to the phone" doesn't reveal what you got. Busy tone ? Just silence ? Something else ? Did your Panasonic switch show the incoming line is off-hook ?

OK. Turn on syslog and debugging on 3102. Catch both of them. It should help you/us with further analysis.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content