Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SPA3102 - Call Redial and Call Back service activation

Hi - I posted this earlier on Voxilla but no replies yet.

When I have dialled a voip call or pstn call that is busy/engaged I want to instruct SPA3102 to keep trying to redial the busy/engaged number until it rings, then to ring my FXS connected telephone. This saves me having to repeatedly manually try to redial a busy line....

There are three types of redial and call back listed in the Cisco ATA Admin Guide.

1. Call Redial Code *07 - "Redials the last number called"

2. Call Back Act Code *66  - "Starts a callback when the last outbound call is not busy"

3. Call Back Busy Act Code *05  -  "Starts a callback when the last outbound call is busy. This field is only found in the PAP2T"
Note: this field is available in my SPA3102 with FW 5.1.10(GW)...

Reading these definitions, seems like 2.  Call Back Act Code *66 is the solution.  Or is it 3 ?
What is the use case for Call Back Busy Act Code? e.g.: why would you need to have the call back when all you will hear is a busy line?
Everyone's tags (5)
1 REPLY

Re: SPA3102 - Call Redial and Call Back service activation

*66 would be the correct choice.

After dialing the number and getting a busy signal, hang up, dial *66, then dial the busy line again.  Once you hear the busy tone, hang up.  That should do it.

Views
Helpful
Replies