cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA3102 dial delay

neohidra.
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question regarding the delay from dialing a number till the dialed phone starts ringing. If i dial through the analog phone connected to my SPA3102 the dialed phone rings 3 sends later in comparison with dialing from phone when its directly connected to the PSTN line. Is it possible to reduce that delay at all?

My SPA3102 is registered with an Asterisk server, the dial plan of line1 contains "<:@gw0>" but it doesn't affect the delay. The call isn't routed through the Asterisk server for sure - calls processed number isn't changing. The delay is the same even without "<:@gw0>" and because of that i think that SPA3102 settings are to blame.

1 Reply 1

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

If it's 3 secs, the default for the parameter 'interdigit short timer' is 3.  You can test by dial the number and entering # after dialing the string of digits to see if there's no delay.  If that's the case, you can either make adjustments to the dial plan to be more specific for your calls or shorten the 'interdigit short timer'.  Usually you'd edit the dial plan, as there are times you may be dialing more slowly and you don't want the unit to dial right away.