Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SPA3102 Fast Busy

I have a SPA3102 that I upgraded the firmware to version 5.2.13 and it somehow reset itself back to factory defaults during the process. Up until that point my SPA3102 has been connected to my Asterisk server (PBX-in-a-Flash) for several years and worked fine. After the reset I lost all my settings and can't seem to get the SPA3102 to connect to my Asterisk server anymore. Whenever I pick up the phone connected to the FXS port all I get is a fast busy tone. Note that no settings have been changed on the Asterisk server whatsoever.

I configured what I though were correct settings in the SPA3102 under the Line 1 and PSTN Line tabs (set the IP of the proxy/Asterisk server, username/password, ports, etc) and have pretty much left everything else at defaults.

On the Info page it shows both the Line 1 and PSTN Lines are registered.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES

SPA3102 Fast Busy

If a fast busy comes right away after you dial the last number it usually means there is something wrong with your dial plan.

SPA3102 Fast Busy

I get the fast busy as soon as I take the phone off the hook.

Re: SPA3102 Fast Busy

I get the fast busy as soon as I take the phone off the hook.

If you have the following settings

Make Call Without Reg: NO

Auto PSTN Fallback: YES

and

1.  Line 1 is not registered

2.  PSTN Line is not attached to FXO port

you will receive a fast busy when you take the phone off hook.

SPA3102 Fast Busy

Those items above are all true, especially the part about the PSTN line not connected to the FXO port. I should have specified earlier, I'm using Google Voice (SIP) as my phone provider so I don't need a PSTN connection.

This all worked fine until the firmware upgrade lost all my settings.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content