Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SPA3102 gateway account and SIP registration

My question is: does SPA3102 Gateway Accounts support SIP registration?

When I set up my voip.ms account on Line 1 tab under Subscriber Information, SIP registration shows "Registered" in my voip.ms portal. I am able to make calls.

But when I set up the same voip.ms account in gateway 2 section on Line 1 tab, in my voip.ms portal, it shows "No registration found". In this case, I am not able to make call through gateway 2 (by using dial plan <#2,:>x.<:@gw2>)

I have tried different ways and contacted voip.ms support, which gave me the answer that SIP registration is required.

Anyone experienced this problem? Please help!

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The SPA3102 gateway entrys do not register with the voip provider.  In other words they do not send sip register requests.  Consequently they are not used for incoming calls, they may be used for outgoing calls if the voip provider allows outgoing calls without registration. 

Many voip providers do allow outgoing calls without registration, although some do not allow outgoing calls without registration. Voip.ms does allow outgoing calls without registration.  I use voip.ms in this manner with a SPA3102.

To setup a voip account, such as voip.ms, in one of the four gateway sections you would setup the following:

Gateway 2: username@sip.voip.ms or username at a specific voip.ms geographical server

GW2 NAT Mapping Enable: generally YES

GW2 Password: password

GW2 Auth ID: username

3 REPLIES

The SPA3102 gateway entrys do not register with the voip provider.  In other words they do not send sip register requests.  Consequently they are not used for incoming calls, they may be used for outgoing calls if the voip provider allows outgoing calls without registration. 

Many voip providers do allow outgoing calls without registration, although some do not allow outgoing calls without registration. Voip.ms does allow outgoing calls without registration.  I use voip.ms in this manner with a SPA3102.

To setup a voip account, such as voip.ms, in one of the four gateway sections you would setup the following:

Gateway 2: username@sip.voip.ms or username at a specific voip.ms geographical server

GW2 NAT Mapping Enable: generally YES

GW2 Password: password

GW2 Auth ID: username

Thank you so much for the clear answer with detailed explanation and example. I have tried different settings without this kind of certainty. I will test it with your example this weekend when I get home and let you know how it goes.

Re: SPA3102 gateway account and SIP registration

Hi 99hwittenb,

I tried as you said today and it works! It is quite strange that I think I have tried the exact settings before but it didn't work. I don't know what I did wrong. Maybe some fields on other tabs? Maybe I was focusing on checking the SIP registration on voip.ms portal because voip.ms support gave me wrong information saying SIP registration is required for voip.ms.

Later, I tried voip.ms sub account, even set GW2 NAT Mapping Enable to no, It works all the time.

Thank you so much for helping me solve this problem. I appreciate it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content