Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SPA3102 Last PSTN Caller ID display

Hi,

I set up an SPA3102 on the FXS port of a router(SPA3102's FXO port to router's FXS port), in order to convert the analog signal coming from the telco, to digital and register it with an IP-PBX(Asterisk).

Calls are working in both ways, ie. from the few SIP phones and the analog phone(plug to the FXS port of the SPA3102 and registered as a SIP client), without problems. IP-PBX's internal calls are OK and calls to outside and from outside via the PSTN are OK as well.

The only problem I have, is I cannot get the caller ID on the SPA3102 when the call is coming from the PSTN.

When I plugged a regular ATA phone into the telco's router FXS port, I can see the caller ID without problem.

The caller ID disappear when I plug the SPA3102. It doesn't even appear on the SPA3102's web interface /voice/system.

There are just no information at the "Last PSTN Caller" line.

I have tried many things but I'm a bit at loss right now and would like to know if somebody knows how to get the "Last Called PSTN Number" displayed.

Things I tried are (not necessary in the following order):

-upgrade the firmware to 5.1.10 to 5.2.13,

-test all the possibilities under the /voice/regional/Miscellaneous settings related to "Caller-id Method" vis-a-vis "Caller-id FSK standard"

-test many combinations (maybe all actually) between DTMF tx Mode and DTMF tx Method

-change the FXO port impedance (600/global/220+820||120nF)

-change the PSTN answer delay to 16

and few others actually but no avail.

I am based in Japan and I phoned to the telco to get an answer regarding the standard they are using but didn't get a clear answer.

The /voice/PSTN Line/PSTN-to-VOIP "PSTN CID for VOIP CID" is set to yes.

Nothing appears in the logs when calling the SPA3102 from outside. The FXO log utility is only displaying the following messages:

192.168.0.7 FXO: OnHook PolRev
192.168.0.7 FXO: Start CNDD
192.168.0.7 FXO: Off Hook
192.168.0.7 FXO: Stop CNDD
192.168.0.7 FXO: PolRev 1 (PSTN=-7)

Not any info about the caller.

(System debug level is 3 and /voice/PSTN Line/SIP debug option is set to full).

Basically, the network setting is :

Internet----------GTW----SPA3102(with the SPA3102 connected via its FXO port to the GTW FXS port as well as the regular LAN)

|------IP-PBX(and SPA3102 are in the same LAN)

Thanks in advance.

• ATAs Gateways and Accessories
3 REPLIES

Hi,I had the same problem

Hi,

I had the same problem about 1 year ago. Please take a look at my old thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11778651/spa-3102-fw-5213-and-japanese-caller-id

I tried many times, but I could not find a solution, so I changed the SPA3102 with a new one (from another maker) who supports Japanese Caller ID. And we start to install it as our standard device.

Anyway, if you are going to find the properly settings to get the the caller id (Number display in Japanese), please let us to know.

Sincerely, L.S.

Hi L.S.Thanks for your answer

Hi L.S.

Thanks for your answer, I saw your thread this morning and started to think I'm out of luck as I saw another thread in Japanese with the same result.

I was thinking to try Cisco Japan to know if they have some special settings for that or just try manually.

Anyway, be sure I'll let you know if find a way of getting it.

Thank you very much.If you

Thank you very much.

If you need to know the Analog Gayeway compatible with Japanese Caller ID (NTT standard), please let me know.

Let's keep in touch

Sincerely, LS

Views
Helpful
Replies