Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPA3102 Ps (dial plan timer) trouble

Hi!

I'm having problems setting up Ps parameter in my dial plan on SPA3102. It simply doesn't work.

For example,

(P9|*xx|#xx|****|x.)

does nothing and I have dial tone only for three seconds.

Neither (P9|(*xx|#xx|****|x.) (as in example from manual) or (P9|(*xx|#xx|****|x.)) doesn't work.

Only parameter have effect there is Interdigit Short Timer on regional page, increasing it I have longer dial tone.

My SPA has 5.2.13(GW002) firmware and 1.4.5(a) hardware version.

Please, help.

Everyone's tags (2)
5 REPLIES

Re: SPA3102 Ps (dial plan timer) trouble

If your objective is a dial tone that lasts longer than 10-seconds you change the 10-seconds by changing the dial tone specification on the SPA3102 Regional Tab.   The default dial tone is

350@-19,440@-19;10(*/0/1+2)

The 10 in the above specification is the number of seconds that you hear the tone.  The tone is composed of the two different frequencies specified.

99hwittenb написал(а):

If your objective is a dial tone that lasts longer than 10-seconds

The problem is that I have dial tone only for three seconds (or other value put in Interdigit Short Timer) but not five (by default), and not ten seconds, and dial tone spec on regional tab has no effect here.

What are you trying to accomplish with the P (Pause) parameter?

The typical use of the P parameter is a "hot line / warm line" setup where if someone doesn't dial a number the SPA will automatically dial another number, something like this:

( P5 <:1000> | xxxx )

Where the SPA will dial 1000 if the person that takes the phone off hook doesn't dial another 4-digit extension in 5 seconds.

Just in case, ( P5 <:1000> | xxxx ) doesn't work too. Only Interdigit Short Timer works for me.

I believe that there is some bug, may be in hardware or firmware, as it was referenced by some users here and there.

Also, on my device I have an three seconds timeout by default, but not five as described in the manual.

SPA3102 Ps (dial plan timer) trouble

If this is to fix the off-hook timer issue, where only 3 seconds is used (i.e. the Interdigit Short Timer) then I had the same issue, which I found to be an issue with my dialplan.

The dialplan seemed to start this timer, which then caused the phone's dial tone to drop after 3 seconds. This was too short to allow be to dial from my handsets phone book.

I fixed this by changing my simple test dial plan from:

(x.<:@gw0>)

to

(xx.<:@gw0>)

Then I got the full 10 seconds as specified in the regional settings.

Reorder Tone:     400@-20;10(*/0/1)

Where the 10 above specifies the duration of the dial tone.

This was on an SPA3102.

I hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content