Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SPA3102 VoIP to PSTN. SPA answers before dialing on PSTN line

Hi,

i use the Asterisk Dial Command: Dial(SIP/number@blabla,60,tT)

now i have the problem that after the dial command the SPA SIP answered before the dialing on the PSTN line begins. so i have a ring from the SPA but the PSTN line is dialing.

What i want:

Dial Number with Dial(SIP/number@blabla,60,tT)

SPA is Dialing the number and when the called phone rings then i want to get the ring on my caller phone. not before.

is this possible?

Sorry about my english. i am from germany ;-)

Thanks, Werner

1 REPLY

SPA3102 VoIP to PSTN. SPA answers before dialing on PSTN line

I do not believe any delay in signalling the caller is possible due to the technical nature of the call.

I believe you are stating that you have the SPA3102 configured for one-stage dialing.  That is, the caller dials the pstn number desired, the number is sent to the SPA3102 digitally via voip and the SPA3102 receives the number and then dials the number on the attached PSTN line.

In other words, the SPA3102 is bridging an incoming voip call with an outgoing pstn line call. 

With the analog PSTN line there is no answer supervision or other signalling from the PSTN provider. All the SPA3102 knows is that there was proper voltage and current on the line, it took the line off hook and dialed the number.  Therefore the SPA3102 assumes the call is answered as soon as it dials the number on the pstn line. 

I believe you are asking if the SPA can delay the voip answered signal to the caller until the call starts ringing or is answered.  I do not believe this delay is possible.

Views
Helpful
Replies