Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA8000: attended transfer with FLASH does not work

vieri.dipaola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having trouble with attended transfers on phones connected to an SPA8000.

If an SPA phone A calls another SPA phone B which in turn, picks the call up and subsequently presses the R key (Flash) and dials another SPA extension C until C picks the phone up and B hangs up, then caller A can talk to caller C (attended transfer is OK).

However, if C is any other type of extension (SIP softphone, ZAP extension ¡, etc) then when B hangs up, the call to C drops and B "rings back" with caller A.

The only way I found to a successful attended transfer if C is not an SPA8000 extension is for B to dial *2 (Asterisk's built-in attended transfer feature).

If I compare the SPA8000 to Grandstream's GXW4008, with the latter, attended transfers with Flash work fine as described above. I would like to have the same behavior on the Linksys SPA8000. Is it possible?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm afraid you won't get an answer here.

The linksys voice system is virtually unknown to this forum community. I personally have setup one for a try once, but did not test much on it.

agreed, this is not a product that partners are keen on marketing

when I am trying to troubleshoot one of these SPA boxes I usually look to the voxilla.com forums, they have a linksys/sipura specific forum with lots of activity

hope this helps

Wow, I thought I was going to get "better support" out of Linksys/Cisco.

That's definitely a cold shower.

Thanks for suggesting voxilla. Will try over there.