Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA8000, high pitch noise on FXS ports

dstamourcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently testing an SPA8000 and I have background high pitch noise problemwith a GE analog phone when on speaker phone. The phone is directly connected to the SPA8000 with a 6 feet phone cable. I've tried the same phone on other units (Audiocode & Mediatrix) and I don't see the problem. I'm wondering if this is related to the load on the FXS channel. I saw on another forum that some unit have this problem and must be return for RMA. Anyone experienced the same situation? We might buy a lot of those if this is not too big of an issue.

Thanks for your feedback

Daniel St-Amour

B2B2C.ca

2 Replies 2

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

Have you tried connecting another analog phone to the affected port? Same noise? First time I hear of this issue, so it may be an issue on this specific device.

Regards
Alberto

Here's a link to a tread on another forum:

http://forum.voxilla.com/linksys-sipura-voip-support-forum/first-look-linksys-spa8000-g1-24049.html

It doesn't matter to which port it is connected. I'm not sure that I'm experiencing the exact same problem as mentionned in the tread but still, I'm a little worried about this issue. We're currently evaluating this device to replace the Audiocode and Mediatrix we're shipping to our customers right now. Beside this issue, the SPA8000 seems to fullfill our requirements.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: