Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA8000 & hook flash

lborgnetto
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I must say that I'm a newbie and perhaps my questions are really basic but I seem not to be able to figure it out by myself. Any help will be really appreciated.

We have an SPA8000 that we use to connect one analog port of our phone system (a very old Panasonic DBS), to our VoIp provider which is Callcentric.

This was done as a first step in converting all our 16 analog lines to VoIp, so at the moment we have just one analog port out of the SPA8000 which connects to the DBS and one VoIp line with Callcentric as provider.

Everything works fine as far as placing and receiving calls goes; what we are not able to do is setting up a conference call. According to Callcentric tech support this feature is supported by their system but as soon as we hit the "flash" button on the phone connected to the SPA8000 trough our DBS system the first call drops. Callcentric has logged the SIP events during one of our attempts and they claim that the SPA8000 sends a BYE message and that's why the call drops.

We have tried several different settings for hook flash timer and related options but with no results. Callcentric tech support seems to be sure that something is wrong on our end and as I said I'm really a newbie in this tipe of application.

I'm attaching the trace that has been sent to me  by Callcentric in case it could help.

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Please check you SPA8000 config and try to set these option to YES:

- Line X -> Call Feature Settings

Blind_Attn-Xfer_Enable

Xfer_When_Hangup_Conf

- Line X -> Supplementary Service Subscription

Call_Waiting_Serv

Three_Way_Call_Serv

Three_Way_Conf_Serv

Attn_Transfer_Serv

Unattn_Transfer_Serv

Regards.

Thank you for your answer.

Okay, I'll try these settings and post the results.

Thanks again.

Luca.

Everything seems to work now.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: