Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA8000 won't reset to defaults

chipg00001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks:

I have a number of SPA8000's I've been re-provisioning to a new ITSP.  So far, I've successfully reset devices that had passwords as follows:

Access IVR from port 1 with an analog phone.

Dial 877778#, 1 to confirm.  Prompt says it is successful.

Point a browser at 192.168.0.1, log in as user/no pw.

Access IVR from port 1 with an analog phone.

Dial RESET#, 1 to confirm.  Prompt says it is successful.

Point a browser at 192.168.0.1, log in as admin/admin

I have two ornery devices that won't reset. I've tried user/no pw.  user/user. admin/no pw. admin/admin

Any suggestions?  Certainly appreciate the help.

Chip

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

OEM customized/restricted unit may have different factory defaults including the password. Check 'Customization' key on WWW interface. Unless there's other value than 'Open' you have restricted unit.

Da, thanks so much for the input.

I can't get into the web Gui, that's my problem?

I've reset about a half dozen of these using the above procedure from the same ITSP.  Thee two are stumping me?

Chip

Well, those two devices seems not to be same as others - they doesn't respond the same way to the same procedure like others. If WWW UI is not accessible after factory reset and unit have network connectivity like other units that works, then such particular unit is either broken or restricted/OEM.  In both cases there is little you can do with it - unless you can return it to seller.

If you are curious, you can call Cisco SMB support with unit serial number ready - they may disclose the unit is restricted or not.

Thanks Dan, we've been pretty jammed up.  The device finally did reset.

Appreciate the help!

Chip

Glad to hear it helped.

Consider rating of valuable advices. It will help others to found solutions.

Regards

Dan

Dan, BTW the devices reboots on 87778# and RESET#, 1 to confirm.

I just can't hit the web gui after that

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: