Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SPA8800 & Nortel PBX

Hi Experts

We have two locations, location A have Nortel PBX/ Key System, and location B have  3 PSTN lines, no PBX, i want to connect both office together, i dig on Internet and found that i can use use two SPA8800 to connect both locations, I read some implementations done by some experts, that's how I am planning to connect all

Location A Nortel PBX Analog extensions>>>>>SPA8800 FXO port>>>>>>Internet>>>>>>>>>>SPA8800>>>>>>Analog phones on FXS ports Locations B

that the one way location B can call any extension at location A and can also call out from there lines

Location A Nortel PBX Trunk Card >>>>>SPA8800 FXS ports>>>>>Internet>>>>>>>>>>>SPA8800 FXO ports>>>>>>>PSTN lines

that the another way location A guy will get the PSTN dial tone  and thay can call out and if some one call PSTN line of location B I can make it ring at location A after a delay, or vice versa

that's what i understand form my research, please correct me if I am wrong,

now Question, if i will call first PSTN line at location B where it will ring first FXS port of same SPA8800, or i can make it ring on all four FXS ports, and after a delay on which port of remote SPA8800 it will ring, from location B (There is no PBX) if i want to call any extension at location A, I can call because SPA8800 will give me dial tone of Analog extension and form that ext. i can dial what ever i like to,

but in reverse order if i want to dial a specific phone at Location B let say connected to FXS 3, i will be able to dial ?

if this whole Scenario will be easy with any other equipments please suggest, my main motive is to connect both locations and, they should be able to answer each others calls and transfer calls

Sorry for long, i try to give all details, please let me know if any thing else i need to explain

Views
Helpful
Replies