Helpful
Replies

SPA8800

Steven Howes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10446/index.html

The link to download software appears a little dead. I have also gone to the download section where I got firmware / template config for everything else and there is nothing for the 8800 only the 8000. Am I missing something? Could do with the template config for auto provisioning ( seeing as http://ip/admin/advanced/spacfg.xml has been disabled on the 8000 series............. hint hint).

Thanks.

Steve

P.S. There is a typo on that link, "Additional features of the Cisco SPA88000 include", few too many 0's.

14 Replies 14

Hi Steve,

Regarding the broken link, I have contacted our content administrator to get this fixed. Thanks for reporting this issue.

Marcos

Hi Steve,

I just confirmed that the "Download Software" link is a placeholder. Currently, there is no FW available for this product. The way Cisco.com is set up, if there is no available firmware in Software Center, customer is redirected to the Software Center homepage.

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi,

If you read my message you will see I "Could do with the template config for auto provisioning" which comes bundled with the firmware. How am I supposed to auto-provision the device? Can you send me the template XML (seeing as its not possible to download it off the 8000 series like you can the 9xx)

S

Steve,

We are locating the SPC's for you and will post them here shortly.

Thanks,

Marcos

Steve, find the SPCs attached.

Marcos

Hi,

I need the XML examples for an 8800, thats the BIN files for an 8000.

Cheers.

Steve

The SPC tool generates the XML.

Thanks,

Marcos

So the 8800 and the 8000 take exactly the same XML despite having differing port types?

Hi Steve;

It seems we missundertood your question :D

Please find attached the SPC (Windows and Linux for SPA8000). I'll check with the product manager to have this corrected on cisco.com.

Regards
Alberto

Indeed. They are for the 8000 not the 8800...

To be clear, I require the SPC or XML template for the SPA 8800.

Steve

Hi Steve;

I see (and actually I believe I understand the question now). Will provide it soon (as soon as I get them).

Thanks

Alberto

Hi,

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Steve

Steve;

(I hope it is right this time)...please find it attached.

Regards;
Alberto

Perfect! Thanks a lot.

Steve

P.S. If you ever get asked, the win32 one runs fine under an 'out of the box' WINE setup on a Mac ;)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: