Views
Helpful
Replies

Standard SRTP (SDES) Support in SPA3102

amaramrahul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know the progress of Standard SRTP (SDES)  support in SPA3102. With users growing concern over pircary and VoIP being used as a replacement for the traditional PSTN networks, it would be great if SPA3102 supports the standard Secure RTP protocol.

Also, are there any gateway or software implementations (in linux) which can talk the present propriety sipura SRTP protocol?

Thanks,

Rahul.

5 Replies 5

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Rahul;

There are no plans to support standard key exchange on SPA3102 SRTP implementation.

For the proprietary key exchange, we have sample code for our certified Service Providers. If you qualify for it, please get in contact with your Cisco Sales Account Manager, she/he should be able to get you in contact with the ATA product manager for this engagement.

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for your prompt response. It is really sad to hear that SDES will not be supported in Sipura SPA3102. I was under the impression that it was on the roadmap but not an immediate priority.

Also I am not a VoIP Service Provider but an individual. But I use VoIP extensively and sometimes convey sensitive information such as Credit Card details. I don't understand why the sample code should only be available for VoIP service providers. Isn't it possible that the sample code be given to an individual who has purchased SPA3102?

I fail to see the need for allowing only VoIP providers to access this code. Any help in this regards would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rahul.

anzzvvered
Level 1
Level 1

About an year back you Alberto mentioned that this in the roadmap and will be available.

Now he says it is not going to be supported.

Why the bloody hell doesn't cisco do this at least 10% close to right ?!

I feel cheated and want all my money back !

Alberto, I think you need to talk to the highest management on this and provide support for this asap !

SPA 3102 SRTP has been called "wierd and twisted" by VOIP veterans. Such search for it and you will find and it.

And show it to your bosses and those in the engineering.

Hello,

Currently SPA3102 only supports a Linksys proprietary method to secure voice traffic between ATA endpoints and does not have the support for SRTP.  However, The SRTP feature has been implemented in our new SPA112 and SPA122 ATAs. Also, SRTP will be supported in our upcoming ATA  that has both an FXS and FXO port (like the SPA3102).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nagaraja

There are many users who are already using PAP2 and SPA3102 devices. Expecting these users to buy a new device for just the SRTP feature might not be reasonable. It would be really good if Linksys can provide an updated firmware for PAP2 and SPA3102 with the standard SRTP support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: