Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Strange issue with MWI causing No Dial Tone

Unfortunately, I've been unable to replicate this issue inhouse in our testing lab, but we've had 30-40 people call in with this issue over the last year. I finally found where the problem was occuring and can resolve it only by doing voicemails as emails.

However, sometimes, theres just no dialtone or loud buzzing sound on the phone. If you clear the voicemail from here, the problem is instantly gone (removing the MWI manually).

If you call into the line on the ATA, you will get through as you'd expect.

Or, you can reboot the ATA to resolve the issue as well. We've had this issue through the entire 1.3.x line, not excluding the newest 1.3.3 which has the problem to. I just dont know how to even go about troubleshooting this as it appears to be hardware related. Has me wondering if its similar to the CWCID where it only works on some devices.. meaning this problem is only affected on some handsets...

You guys heard of this problem before? I'd be happy to post a config that we use on our provisioning server to send down to the ATAs.

1 REPLY
VIP Gold

Strange issue with MWI causing No Dial Tone

Config may be usefull, but catched debug and syslog is more usefull. You need not to replicate issue in your testing lab to catch the logs. We are catching all the logs from all the devices in our network all the times.

Views
Helpful
Replies