Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Vonage V-Portal and Linksys RTP300 bollixes call transfers

I have a situation where a legacy and vestigial Linksys RTP300 that's  unconnected to any phones but only to the LAN seems to bollix call  transfers between Vonage numbers on phones attached to a single Vonage  V-Portal that's also on the same LAN.  Both RTP300 and V-Portal are connected via their WAN ports. Inbound and outbound calls are  unaffected. Removing the Linksys RTP300 from the LAN seems to fix the issue.  Can  anyone tell me why this would be happening considering the RTP300 isn't  connected whatsoever to any phones?  And why only call transfers are  affected (attempts to transfer calls just sends calls to voicemail even  if the other line isn't off-hook or otherwise in use).  The network is  flat where the Vonage V-Portal, the Linksys RTP300 and a single small  8-port switch are directly attached to the five built-in switch ports of  a firewall router, with the WAN port of the firewall router attached to  a T1 CSU/DSU.  I'm assuming (possibly incorrectly--I'm new to VoIP although I have quite extensive experience with TCP/IP for data), that if no phones  are attached to the RTP300, there would be no SIP traffic whatsoever.   Or would the RTP300 be sending out SIP traffic even with no phones  attached?  Checking the Vonage online management tool, there are no phone numbers attached to the RTP300; they are all connected to the V-Portal device.  Talking to Vonage technical support is worthless as they are reading off a cheat sheet and this isn't in their cheat sheets...

Everyone's tags (3)
4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Nice defintion for trouble, but wrong forum

Try "small business - ATAs"

Okay, I think I successfully moved the discussion to ATAs as you suggested...

Silver

Re: Vonage V-Portal and Linksys RTP300 bollixes call transfers

Hi Kok-Yong Tan,

The product that you have is considered a Cisco "Home" Product not a Cisco Small Businees Product.  The place you should go for support is located here: http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/voip/RTP300

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

So, how do I move this discussion over there without re-registering and the whole business?  I don't seem to see how to get there from here.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content