Helpful
Replies

WRP400 - Line 1 - SIP registered but no Dial Tone

gaston.lagaffe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I got a WRP400 running.

The Line Status on the site Voice->Status is indicating "Registered". Thus SIP-Account-Settings should be fine.

At the WRP400 the green LED Line 1 is lite.

There is no dial tone when I un-hook the phone. I tried several phones and several cables. The phones did work once connected to the public telephone network.

I got through the following check-list without any success:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10024/products_qanda_item09186a0080a3569d.shtml

I uploaded the recent firmware (ETSI) 2.00.26 but this didn't help.

Are there any special settings in "Regional" (Voltage, etc.) to make the dial tone and finally the phone work?

Any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check the pinout. You must have only a 2 wire (tip and ring) cable. 4 wire cable can be problematic.

Tip and ring must be connected to central pin of RJ11 connector (pin 3 and pin 4).

Regards.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Do you have try to reboot the WRP?

Can you change the line from FX1 to FXS2 or viceversa?

Can you change the power supply?

As last option you can try to perform a factory reset (73738#).

Regards.

Daniele Giordano schrieb:

Do you have try to reboot the WRP?

Can you change the line from FX1 to FXS2 or viceversa?

Can you change the power supply?

As last option you can try to perform a factory reset (73738#).

Regards.

Thanks Daniele for your answer.

• Yes I did restart the WRP for several times. Didn't help.
  • I moved the settings from Line1 to Line2. Didn't help.
  • I changed the power supply with another device delivering 5V. No Success.
  • I performed a Factory Reset over the Web-GUI. No Success.

Let me clarify, that I have no Dial Tone and I can't hear any call-sound when I call any number such as 73738#. It seems to me, that the phone connected, does not get powered at all.

All other functionality such as routing, wireless, etc work well.

Is the US/Linksys-Pining for RJ11 different from European RJ11-Plugs? Do I need an separately powered telephone?

Check the pinout. You must have only a 2 wire (tip and ring) cable. 4 wire cable can be problematic.

Tip and ring must be connected to central pin of RJ11 connector (pin 3 and pin 4).

Regards.

Thanks Daniele.

The pinout of the old swiss telephones is different from the pinout of the rest of the world. Changing the cable solved the problem. Everything works just fine now!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: