Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRP400 - v2.00.05 - router configuration provisioning

Hello,

I had no success provisioning the router configuration with the firmware v2.00.05 with the same XML file I provision the version v1.01.00. The voice part is configured (<flat-profile>), not the router part (<router-configuration>).

Syslog shows no processing of the router options whereas with the v1.01.00 the configuration is very verbose.

Do anyone tried the same setup?

Does it work for someone or is this a known issue ?

Regards

Frédéric Moulins

8 Replies 8

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Frédéric,

The version 1x and 2x of firmware are significantly different so the XML file would need to be modified if you move to version 2 of WRP400 firmware.

Currently, the only reason to move from the 1x to the 2x train of firmware is if you are using 3G.

Consider using the most current version of 1x firmware if you do not use 3G.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

bnedyalk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Please follow the instructions below. You should upload both router and voice part modifications successfully.

Save the configuration in .txt or .xml and afterwards to make the modification use wordpad because of the carriage return which regards the OS windows and unix. Make the necessary modifications in the file, save it and then upload it via tftp server by first inserting low values (1 or 2) on the following cases: Resync Random Delay, Resync Periodic, Resync Error Retry Delay and Forced Resync Delay in the provisioning tab. Once the WRP400 is restarted the modifications to the router and voice parts will be uploaded with success. Tested in lab - working.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I tested again. Indeed I can provision most of the parameters whatever the file format.

However, There seems to be a problem with the WAN_TYPE parameter. I get :

FMM >>>> Successful profile
Router Provisioning[150]: setting fail

when I try to change WAN_TYPE from "wan_proto=dhcp" to eg. "wan_proto=pppoe,ppp_username=adc,ppp_passwd=def". Tested with unix and dos file formats.

If I configure manually to a PPPoE configuration, and try to provision "wan_proto=dhcp", it will be taken into account. Only "dhcp" seems to be configurable via provisioning.

Can you reproduce this behaviour ?

Regards

I have this exact problem. I cannot set PPPoE from DHCP. It worked once before but not now.

can you please provide the configuration file you are using?

thanks!

-nacho

Hello Nacho,

for my tests I used the attached configuration file.

Hope it helps

Hi Frederic

sorry for the late answer.

you cannot use cfg files to remote provision the router parameters, only plain XML files are supported for provisioning the router settings. Please do also remember that that only 2.0 branch firmware support this settings:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/wrp400/release/notes/WRP400_RN_v2-00-05_OL-19153-01.pdf

Thanks!

-nacho

Hi,

the file is called wrp400.cfg but its content is XML. I don't think I need a special name and extension to make it accepted by the system.

The WAN_TYPE parameter has been specified since firmware version 1.00.06 with pppoe wan_proto option. I use it for some routers with firmware 1.01.00. The option specification does not seem to have changed in version 2.00.05 (only PPP_DEMAND -> WAN_DEMAND, but this is ok). Is it something like options are now 'wan_username' and 'wan_password' instead of 'ppp_username' and 'ppp_password' ? There is no example in the release notes.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: