Views
Helpful
Replies

Branch office design with ISR2 and GLBP

erhernandez316
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I´ve working the last 4 years suppoting different kinds companies, now I´m trying to improve performance and usage of the remote/branch offices my company have, but I was reading about ISR2 and I found out that 1900, 2900 and 3900 Routers support GLBP. I wanna know if the ISR2 support that with the hardware they have or if they need ahother independent module?

Regards,...

6 Replies 6

jamiegrive
Level 1
Level 1

Nothing extra required - it is even on the base license!

Would you like any design guidance on the implementation of GLBP on your network?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello Jamie,...

I have tested GLBP on 6500 Switchs and works just fine. Is there a design guide to deploy GLBP on ISR2 Routers?.

Could You please send me some info,.... right now I'm preparing for my Arch exam and I would like to review as much information as possible.

Thanks a lot for Your help,....

You can try this video it explain everything in detail.  It should answer your questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjP8eI7Z7lM

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

be aware that GLBP could lead to asymptotical routing in the WAN edge !

what is your WAN topology looks like ? as you could do it using a better way

I had that consideration, but if I want to configure IP SLAs could I do that with de basic feature set?,...

regards,

nikolasgeyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Erwin,

The ISR G2 series does not support any IP SLA functionality beyond operating as a basic responder with the base feature license. You will need to upgrade to the data, unified comms or security feature set to enable IP SLA functionality.

To determine what license would be suitable, you should use the Cisco Feature Navigator to define your requirements which will then give you the licensing options for your platform.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: