Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DMVPN Tunnel Default Route

I'm having a problem with communication from spoke to spoke in a dual hub DMVPN configuration, with tunnel default routes. I have a requirement to force internet traffic through the hub sites (via default route distribution with EIGRP), and this default route causes an issue with spoke to spoke communication. This DMVPN solution comprises about 50 routers, connected to the internet with static and dynamic IPs. Connectivity to the hub routers works fine because of static routes in the routing table. I can't do this for all the spoke sites, however, because some are DHCP.

I cannot use PBR on the inside interface of the spoke to force internet traffic through the hub, as I want the internet to fail over to the second hub if the first is not available.

I did attempt to accomplish this with VRF on a spoke, but I wasn't able to get the DMVPN to come up. I'm also not quite sure with interfaces / crypto map / EIGRP process needs to be in the VRF for this to operate properly.

Essentially, if I can make DMVPN traffic always leave the internet interface at a spoke (regardless of the global default route), this would work fine.

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies