Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Network design Issue

Hello everybody!

I am going through a network problem  and I believe to be some problem related to network design.

Our network is distributed in two sites, each with 2 routers interconnected by two different data link.

The main link (fig.) is connected to the second router of each side (JAG_rtcftv02 / PAR_rtcftv02) at the interface GigaEthernet 0/1 (L3 interface).

The secondary link, the first router on each side (JAG_rtcftv01 /PAR_rtcftv02), is connected to corporate network by a trunk interface FastEthernet 0/0/0 (L2 interface).

We have two different networks on the left side wich are supervised by the management at right side.

We are using a ring topology and a star topology. Both are connected by trunk of each router card (HWIC-4ESW / Fast Ethernet0/0/1 and 0/0/2).

Routers are running HSRP for redundancy.

The problem happens every time I change some wiring in the star network, ultimately affects the stability of the ring network and stopping some circuits.

What may be affecting this? I believe this connection to the secondary link (Fast Ethernet 0/0/0) is causing problemsSpanning-Tree but not sure.

I ask for some help!

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES

Re: Network design Issue

Hello Tarik,

Can you post some more detail on the layer 2 domain you are having issue with? It doesn't look like a star or ring topology in your diagram.

Thanks,

Jamie

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Re: Network design Issue

Hey tarik,

Some quick questions...

- Which device is th root bridge?

- is there a connection between the primary and secondary routers on each side?

- can you paste you HSRP configs. for each device?

- Are both primary and secondary routers connected to the corporate network via dot1q trunk?  If not, please provide details.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content