cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7009 Racking

fultont
Level 1
Level 1

Need some quick assistance... We're in the beginning days of a core infrastructure upgrade moving to dual Nexus 7009's. Our Data Center folks order an APC 3350 48U rack to house the Nexus switches. Unfortunately, the side to side air flow requirements will make this rack unusable I think. Are there any options in expanding the APC racks to make things work? Is it critical to have the required air flow spacing? Any other solutions besides replacing the 7009's with the 7010's. Looking for a reasonable and quick solution.

Thanks,

Tim in Tennessee

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

2 Replies 2

moelsaye
Level 1
Level 1

If I understand your question correctly, the Cisco Nexus 7009 switch, route the cables  along the left side of the front of the chassis so that cooling air can  flow to the chassis from the right front side and heated exhaust air is  vented to the left and directed to the hot aisle in the rear. If  necessary, you can also route cables to the upper half of the right side  of the chassis if the lower right side of the front is open for airflow  from the cold-aisle and floor to the air intake. Please let me know if I answered you question. Thanks.

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

You can order a pair of side air intake : QRACK-QSVO813

This is more suited for a 7018 but any metal-shop can modify it to suit your needs and insure proper airlfow.