Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Splitting Data and VOIP traffic

Hi,

I am trying to come up with a solution for one of our customers who has CE routers with one WAN link and seperate Voice network. The customer wants to integrate their Voice traffic int the MPLS network via the existing CE router with one WAN link.

But the customer wants to add a backup link on the existing CE router and would like to use this link as a backup link for only VOIP traffic. VOIP traffic to this customer is very critical so they need VOIP to be backed up by the second link, so in other words the second link will be a backup for VOIP only. The customer is currently using PBX in the LAN.

Now the backup link will be LTE WAN link via the Service Provider's APN network.

What I would like to the community to assist me on is the following:

1.  How can we achieve the splitting of traffic when it gets to the CE router. I'm very comfortable in using PBR to split traffic, but in this case I'm of the view that i can only control only outgoing traffic but i cannot control the incoming traffic.

2. I'm not that good with VOIP so I'm not sure if we can route at a minimum 4 calls on the LTE link whaen the primary link is down. I know from a data perspective we can use IP addresses and port numbers with PBR.

Could you guys please assist?

Thanks & Kind Regards

Lungelo 

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

This is Video Over IP, please

This is Video Over IP, please move this to the relevant area.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Ok i got that, thanks..

Ok i got that, thanks..

Bronze

Hello, Lungelo. You can look

Hello, Lungelo. 

You can look into Cisco Flexible Netflow for controlling/monitoring traffic on your Cisco IOS router.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/ios-nx-os-software/flexible-netflow/index.html

What kind/model is your customer using? 

Let me know if you have other concerns or e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) me directly. Kind regards. 

Hi Adawa,I'm under the

Hi Adawa,

I'm under the impression that Flexible Netflow is used for network management and i'm not sure if it will achieve exactly what I'm looking for.

The customer is using Cisco 1941 CE routers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content