Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bug Searches by Software Version

Hi Team,

Have Cisco removed the capability to search for known bugs in a particular software release?

The new bug tool only seems to allow seraches if you know the bug ID.

All my attempts to locate the old dialog where you input platform and software information have ended up at the new tool.

The view bugs link in software advisor also now just takes you to the new bug tool.

How am I supposed to identify a potential bug we are currently seeing on our infrastructure when i clearly dont know the bug ID?

The information on the link for this tool states "Find software bugs based on product, release and keyword". I do not see how this is possible.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Bug Searches by Software Version

Hello,

I see that you do not have a valid service contract assosiated to your Cisco.com user ID. In order to perform searches for bugs by Products and/or releases, you need a valid service contract associated with your Cisco.com User ID.

If you do not have a service contract you can get one through:

• Your Cisco Account Team if you have a direct purchase agreement with Cisco
  • Your Cisco Partner or Reseller

Once you have the service contract you must associate your service contract to your Cisco.com user ID with Profile Manager

https://tools.cisco.com/RPFA/profile/edit_entitlement.do?Tab=3

Thanks

Kavita

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Bug Searches by Software Version

Hello,

I see that you do not have a valid service contract assosiated to your Cisco.com user ID. In order to perform searches for bugs by Products and/or releases, you need a valid service contract associated with your Cisco.com User ID.

If you do not have a service contract you can get one through:

• Your Cisco Account Team if you have a direct purchase agreement with Cisco
  • Your Cisco Partner or Reseller

Once you have the service contract you must associate your service contract to your Cisco.com user ID with Profile Manager

https://tools.cisco.com/RPFA/profile/edit_entitlement.do?Tab=3

Thanks

Kavita

Bug Searches by Software Version

I had actually thought about this and tried another account, apparently that service contract has expired too!

Thanks very much for the response.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content