Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Case Resolution CSCul82285

Microsoft KB:

I was told this was a Microsoft problem, but the resolution would not be implemented until the next major release. Cisco has implemented a workaround via ENIC driver version or higher. This driver has not been publicly released, but should be in the El Capitain Maintenance Release 2 (2.3.0) which is slated for around Sept. of 2014. The driver I received from TAC has not been though Microsoft's Hardware Quality Labs so it is not signed from Microsoft as of yet. it is signed with Cisco's publicly trusted Code Signing Certificate which will prompt you to accept the validity on the first install.

I can attest that the driver does work to solve the use of both iSCSI boot and 2012 and 2012 R2 NIC Teaming. At this point, you will have to open a TAC case and your support engineer will need to contact the DEV Team to procure the updated driver.

Here is what worked for me on a 2012 Failover Clustering Hyper-V using iSCSI Boot, Software NIC Teaming, and VMFEX hypervisor bypass:

1) During installation install, use the ENIC driver from the UCS Server Utility image.

2) During first logon, start the Microsoft iSCSI service and use the Cisco VIO install utility to custom install all options. Reboot when prompted.

3) In Device Manager, install the ENIC driver on each Cisco VIC Ethernet network interface. You will be prompted to reboot when you replace the driver on your iSCSI interfaces. DO NOT REBOOT until you have updated the driver on all interfaces.

4) Configure your iSCSI multipath.

4) Team and configure your desired network adapters so that you can use both fabrics simultaneously for Management, Live Migration, and Fault Tolerance.

5) Setup Hyper-V and failover clustering.

Everyone's tags (4)
CreatePlease to create content