Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco EPC3925 EuroDocsis Wifi turned off but light stays ON w/ recently updated firmware

hi there

i have a Cisco EPC3925 EuroDocsis 3.0 2-PORT Voice Gateway and i just noticed that today they pushed an OTA firmware upgrade via ISP "Melita" here in Malta.

It looks like now when i disable the wifi, the green led for wifi still stays on, did anybody notice this? I have this firmware now:

Model: Cisco EPC3925
Vendor: Cisco
Hardware Revision: 1.0
Serial Number:
MAC Address:
Bootloader Revision: 2.3.0_R1
Current Software Revision: epc3925-ESIP-16-v302r125573-131025c-l2gre
Firmware Name: epc3925-ESIP-16-v302r125573-131025c-l2gre.bin
Firmware Build Time: Oct 25 11:30:50 2013
Cable Modem Status: Operational
Wireless Network:Disable

if anyone has a link to a newer or older firmware, i'd like to change this one, we don't normally use wifi and prefer the cable. I checked with inSSIDer 3 and when the wifi is disabled it cannot be found but i am really thinking if that's for real since the light is still on....

any help appreciated..

thanks

Gabrio

Everyone's tags (5)
1 REPLY

Re: Cisco EPC3925 EuroDocsis Wifi turned off but light stays ON

hello everyone,

The technical supoort of my ISP got back to me with the following:

The fact that the Wi-Fi light on your Melita cisco modem is still switched on is because we have recently launched the new Melita Wi-Fi, where all Melita’s cisco modems are being used to broadcast this signal so that customers with Melita mobile can connect to Wi-Fi wherever they are. The cisco modem is being used only as a repeater to boost this signal and it will not affect at any time the connection that Melita is providing you.

Having said that this option may be switched off by turning the modem to bridge mode, by doing this you will eliminate completely the Wi-Fi option from your modem. If you wish to turn your modem to bridge mode kindly follow the link below to guide you through the process.

http://help.melita.com/index.php/bridge-modestatic-ip/

so anyone else that wants to do the same, feel free using that guide.

One piece of advice.... if you don't plan in using another wifi router to plug to the CISCO, should you want to have the wifi again, then you need to log to http://192.168.100.1 and then switch back to "router" mode from "bridge" mode. DHCP will not work in bridge mode so if you just turn on wifi, you will have to manually configure it. Or switch back to "router" for the time being.

When you enable bridge mode, you cannot log to http://192.168.0.1 maybe obvious but good to know.

I have to say that this ISP pushed this OTA update without saying anything to its customers for boosting their signal to their mobile customers, very nasty indeed. I don't like to have the wifi on at home when nobody uses it, it's bad for the health, it made both me and my wife having headaches in the past, so if i need it, i turn it on, otherwise it's OFF and i want to have the freedom of doing that at my will.

There's already too many microwaves and wifis out there, at least at home i want to control it!.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content