Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCsj01798

Marcos Cardoso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

Could you please help me onto that issue that I'm having o release 8.6.2. When I've called unity i got robotic sound ou garbled.

Thanks in advance!

MC

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello csco10957041,

This bug CSCsj01798 is way back on version 2.x so unlikely to be the issue.

Known issues to cause voice quallity issues on CUC:

1-High CPU. Check with a show status via CLI to see if it's high
2-Running snapshots on the vsphere. Remove them.
3-Not complying with the Virtualization Supported Applications:  http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization_Supported_Applications
4-Voicemails stored in a SAN.
5-Bandwidth limitation configured on the CUCM side.

I will assist you with determining if the Unity Connection 8.6.2 server you have is the cause, for this we will need the audio sourced from CUC  from a packet capture.

1-      Using CLI(command line interface) thru a remote connection as i.e Putty.

2-  This command starts the initiation of gathering packets (no service impact):    utils network capture eth0 count 100000 size all file <filename>.
Where 'filename' is a random name that you would like to provide; the 'count' is the size of the packets that will be captured.

Once this capture is running you can reproduce the issue and once you finish hold Crtl+C and that will terminate the capture session. So basically do your call and once finished hold the buttons stated to stop capture.

3-      The file will be saved in platform/cli/filename.cap
Where 'filename' is a random name that you provided.

4-      You can get the caputre via RTMT (Real Time Monitoring Tool) or SFTP. On the first go to Trace and Log Central> Collect Files> Second page(Next)> Select Packet capture. On the second this command will allow you to copy the capture file to SFTP server: file get activelog

platform/cli/<filename>.* (please use the same file name used in step 1)

5-      The CLI (command line interface) will ask you to provide the IP address of the SFTP server,
port, User ID and password.

Regards,

Peck

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."

-Einstein

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello csco10957041,

This bug CSCsj01798 is way back on version 2.x so unlikely to be the issue.

Known issues to cause voice quallity issues on CUC:

1-High CPU. Check with a show status via CLI to see if it's high
2-Running snapshots on the vsphere. Remove them.
3-Not complying with the Virtualization Supported Applications:  http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization_Supported_Applications
4-Voicemails stored in a SAN.
5-Bandwidth limitation configured on the CUCM side.

I will assist you with determining if the Unity Connection 8.6.2 server you have is the cause, for this we will need the audio sourced from CUC  from a packet capture.

1-      Using CLI(command line interface) thru a remote connection as i.e Putty.

2-  This command starts the initiation of gathering packets (no service impact):    utils network capture eth0 count 100000 size all file <filename>.
Where 'filename' is a random name that you would like to provide; the 'count' is the size of the packets that will be captured.

Once this capture is running you can reproduce the issue and once you finish hold Crtl+C and that will terminate the capture session. So basically do your call and once finished hold the buttons stated to stop capture.

3-      The file will be saved in platform/cli/filename.cap
Where 'filename' is a random name that you provided.

4-      You can get the caputre via RTMT (Real Time Monitoring Tool) or SFTP. On the first go to Trace and Log Central> Collect Files> Second page(Next)> Select Packet capture. On the second this command will allow you to copy the capture file to SFTP server: file get activelog

platform/cli/<filename>.* (please use the same file name used in step 1)

5-      The CLI (command line interface) will ask you to provide the IP address of the SFTP server,
port, User ID and password.

Regards,

Peck

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."

-Einstein

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: