Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSCtr40210 - TTS 115081 - Sharing IE6, IE8 and/or other applications shows black flas

Hi there, our customer is using Jabber Video 4.7 on Windows 7; the presentation flickers not only with Explorer 8, but also with Firefox 26.0. We could not try with Chrome, because the customer does not use it. Personally, I could not see this issue on Chrome. The workaround of using the entire screen presentation works, but the customer is not too happy with it. Can you check again whether this can be reproduced with Firefox 26.0?

Explorer 10 or 11 does not show this problem.

Everyone's tags (5)
7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

CSCtr40210 - TTS 115081 - Sharing IE6, IE8 and/or other applicat

It may be best to open a case with TAC if the problem is not resolved by the indicated release on the bug report.

Funny, I have the opposite challenge.  I have noticed that if we want to share just a website via chrome our screen is blank.  If we share IE it works fine...OR if we share the complete computer screen. 

Lucio, have you had any success trying to get it to work better?

No, the problem is the same. The workaround is to use entire scree presentation instead of sharing the browser only.

However, I could not replicate the issue with my setup. Even I share Firefox (latest version) only, the shared image is steady. I could witness the issue at the customer's site though. The customer has much more BW than I have over the web. It works fine with IE latest version. I'm sure whether IE latest version works fine for the customer as well, because they have earlier versions (8 or 9). Have you waited enough time for the image to settle? What is your BW?

I was wondering if there is a pattern and if I can point at the computer or the video card as part of the challenge.  I have not had the problem on my mac with Chrome (my browser of challenge)..but we also have a specific program that our radiologists use that will not share as just that window...so I am trying to troubleshoot that as well.

What is BW?

Re: CSCtr40210 - TTS 115081 - Sharing IE6, IE8 and/or other appl

GraphicCardPCTower.jpg

BW is bandwidth; maybe it has to do with the video card. My desktop and laptop are state of the art, but the customer's PC are not.

there is a tool colled GL doctor, this is the output on my PC

But the Jabber Video manual says it should work as long as the Open GL version is higher than 2 (if I remember well) or maybe 3. Perhaps I could tell the customer to check that. But they are not going to change the PC in order for the presentation on Jabber Video to work! Please let me know what card you have when you see or not see the problem. I appreciate it.

I was wondering if it has to do with GL too.

But here is what I discovered yesterday.

The program our employee is using that will not share is called IMPAX.
The browser window I have challenges with is Chrome.

But if both of us use share FULL screen, it works.

Now, i just downloaded the same program (IMPAX) onto my computer and sharing just IMPAX works for me

I am going to have their IS/IT person help me get all the specs from their computer and compare with mine, including the graphic card information.

I was wondering if it could be a memory or performance thing too.  But I know that when I tested on the IMPAX computer, it was the only program running.

Bandwdith is not a problem, both of our facilities have more then enough.

PC, theirs is a bit older but handles tons of high performance programs for their dept (Digital radiology etc).

Hi there,

can you run the DoctorGL software on that machine so we can compare? Yesterday we tried out a PC with the following specs:

Intel CPU G20 @ 2,6  kHz, 4GB Ram, Windows 7 sp1 Enterprise @32 bit.

OpenGL: 3.10. Build 8.15.10.2476 (from DoctgorGL)

If you have trouble finding this app, look for DoctorGL download on

http://www.ononesoftware.com/support/607/

we had problems not only with the presentation (not even with the browser, but with PowerPoint as well!) but also with the videoconference. As soon as we launched the Jabber Video, the CPU usage went up to 81%).

Cheers

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content