Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

CSCue05040 - ATA 186 shown under the Devices on the callmanger version 9.x

The reason for creating this bug seems ridiculous to me.  According to this link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps514/end_of_life_notice_c51-585199.html the last date of support for the ATA 186 is September 30, 2015.  Besides, even older devices still show on the "add new phone" dropdown list, on the latest CUCM version 9.1(2)SU1.

I would really like to know if anybody has run into issues with the ATA 186 with CUCM version 9.1.2.  Because this bug was created, we have already forced some customer to get them replaced with the ATA 187.

Regards,

Carlos

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

CSCue05040 - ATA 186 shown under the Devices on the callmanger

Hello Carlos,

Thank you for you feedback. I hear your concern and frustration. You are correct that end of life transitions for products are never as simple as we would like.  Removing the product from the UI is additional overhead, non-trivial, and poses a risk for breaking other functionality. To that end we decided to leave it in the UI and database. The older ATA will not be updated to support newer UCM features and compatibility cannot be ensured especially as more new server side features are implemented.

Regards, Wes

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content