Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

CSCug24584 - ASA console hangs with duplicate nat statements of sh nat

Hi

ASA Experts

I want to know this condition details.

---------------------------------

Conditions:

When modifying continuously last nat config of  auto nat may lead to pointer corrupted, at this time execution of sh nat  will show repeated nat entries of section 2. this is entries will go  infinite and console/ssh/telnet session may hang if try to stop by  pressing q.

---------------------------------

Would you please tell me.

What kind of operations cause a pointer failure?

regards,

Mot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

CSCug24584 - ASA console hangs with duplicate nat statements of

This bug arises from altering a set of NAT entries in a certain way, and was introduced by CSCua68934

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

This bug arises from altering a set of NAT entries in a certain way, and was introduced by CSCua68934

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for the important informations.

I was able to understand that, if ASA prints 305006 message while modifying existing nat pool, clear xlate or delete nat entry line.

Regards,

Mot.

Cisco Employee

Hi Mot,

For this particular bug, it manifests itself when a user modifies auto-nat statements (ie: object-nat statements).  Particularly when the object-nat definition is modified and re-applied.  It is a corner case condition, and will not appear most of the time.  We are only aware of 2 customers running into this issue.

Sincerely,

David.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content